Sales and Special Orders!
A Place Apart: A Brief History of the Early Williamson Rd. & N. Roanoke Valley Residents and Places
Quantity in Basket: None
A Place Apart: A Brief History of the Early Williamson Road and North Roanoke Valley Residents and Places. Helen R. Prillaman. Softcover, (1982), repr. 2007, 8.5 in. x 11 in., Illus., Indexed, viii, 187 pp.
The Williamson Road area, which was annexed by the city of Roanoke in 1949, was originally a part of Botetourt County and thereafter of the northern part of Roanoke County. A Place Apart traces the history, places, and families of the Williamson Road. The book begins with various sketches of Roanoke Valley pioneers and early land owners. The second part of the volume continues with sketches of families that arrived during the late 18th or early 19th century, including Barren, Bushong, Campbell, Cannaday, Fellers, Garst, Harshbarger, Huntingdon, Nelms, Nininger, Oliver, Petty, Read, Rudd, Stokes, Watts, and Williamson. Community leaders associated with the Roanoke Valley's recent history are treated elsewhere in the book.